Hello and welcome to my website!
I’m a writer and creative entrepreneur. This welcome is to help you navigate your time here and hopefully better equip you to understand who I am and what I do.
First, a story.
I was once meeting with a woman who was considering hiring me for some writing she needed done for her business. After a few emails describing how I might be able to help her incorporate storytelling into the marketing of her real estate ventures, we met up to talk in person. As I sat in her backyard and sipped herbal tea out of a very lovely floral tea set, she looked at me with complete earnestness and said: “I looked at your website and honestly – [pause] – I just don’t get it. What do you do? How do you get paid?”
It was such a brutally honest commentary that I could only react with laughter. Here I was billing myself as a writer and my own website didn’t communicate a clear and compelling story about my services.
With this welcome page, it’s my hope to point you in the direction of what I do and I how I can be of service so that you walk away from your time here understanding a few basic things:
- I’m a writer.
- I really love people who are creative and/or who seek to make a positive impact on the community around them.
- My mission as a writer is to help this tribe of artists and changemakers continue their work by helping them effectively tell their story to the world so that they can build a dynamic community of supporters, customers and fans.
- People, businesses and organizations pay me to write things for them (This is how I earn money:)
- I target my services toward creative entrepreneurs, social-impact businesses and nonprofit organizations. If you’re curious to know what that looks like, click HERE.
- I used to blog regularly around topics related to entrepreneurship and the creative , but haven’t in while. However, if you’d like to see what I wrote about when I did, you can check out the archives HERE.
Thanks for making it this far and as you poke around, feel free to drop me a note and let me know what you think.